Revocation of Internet Resources allocation
Internet resources (ASN, IPv4, IPv6) assigned or allocated by LACNIC must comply with the requirements set forth in the Registration Service Agreement signed between LACNIC and the receiving organization and also with LACNIC Policy Manual.
About the policy of Resources Revocation
LACNIC reserves the right to revoke Internet resource assignments or allocations in accordance with the provisions of its resource recovery policy 7.1 from LACNIC Policy Manual: “Resources Recovery”.
Some reasons why LACNIC may initiate the resource recovery process include (policy 7.1 from LACNIC Policy Manual):
- Lack of visibility of the resource on the global routing table
- Breach of LACNIC policies - LACNIC Policy Manual
- Breach of the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement or other legal agreements between the organization holding the resource and LACNIC or one of its NIRs*
- Evidence that an organization has disappeared and its blocks have not been transferred
- Unauthorized transfers under the provisions of the policies – LACNIC Policy Manual
* Example of breaching of the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement:
- Failure to comply with the payment term of the renewal of IP addresses (see the graph with payment deadlines)
- Failure to comply with the payment term of the ASN for nano and micro categories (see the graph with payment deadlines)
Resources under process of recovery
In accordance with Resources Recovery policy (read the hole policy here), LACNIC shall publish the resource that is to be recovered for a period of three months and, If three months after the resources are published the organization has not rectified the situation, the resources shall be recovered.
Important to consider:
- The resource recovery process begins once LACNIC is in possession one or more evidences mentioned above.
- LACNIC shall attempt to contact the organization and rectify the situation.
- If the situation cannot be rectified, LACNIC shall publish the resource that is to be recovered for a period of three months. During this period, the organization may rectify the situation with LACNIC.
- Two months after the resources are published, LACNIC shall proceed to delete the NS records pointing to the authoritative nameservers of the resources involved. This information may be recovered once the organization contacts LACNIC or the corresponding NIR.
- If three months after the resources are published the organization has not rectified the situation, the resources shall be recovered and the records of the holders of these resources shall be removed from LACNIC’s database.
Organizations with resources in the process of recovery
|Type of resource||Resource||Publication Date||Resource recovery date|
|ASN||267831||28 April, 2020||27 July, 2020|
|ASN||267838||5 May, 2020||3 August, 2020|
|ASN||267865||30 May, 2020||28 August, 2020|
|ASN||267863||9 June, 2020||7 September, 2020|
|ASN||267872||June 13, 2020||September 11, 2020|
|ASN||267919||June 30, 2020||September 28, 2020|
|ASN||267873||July 2, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|ASN||267884||July 2, 2020||September 30, 2020|
We remind you that, according to the provisions of this policy, those who possess these resources who wish to regularize their situation, may do so by contacting the following addresses:
email@example.com (for failure to pay your membership)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for non-compliance with the policies for the use of its resources)
Resources under process of recovery - NIRs
To see list of resources in revocation process at the Registro.br visit de following link
To see list of resources in revocation process at the IAR.MX visit de following link
According to the policy “7.1. Resource recovery”: LACNIC shall publish the resources that have been recovered so that the routing filters may be modified.
The following is the updated list of Internet resources that have already been recovered.
If you have any question regarding these resources please contact email@example.com