[Líderes] - NRI support within Latin America and the Caribbean
The 2020 Líderes programme is now open to continue providing support for National, Sub-Regional, Regional and Youth IGF initiatives (NRIs) in Latin America and the Caribbean. This programme also facilitates participation of the coordinators of these initiatives in the Regional Preparatory Meeting for the Internet Governance Forum (LACIGF), to ensure that diverse governance perspectives and issues are included in the regional debate. Líderes continues to give priority to new or recently formed initiatives (less than four editions).
Líderes puts LACNIC experts at your disposal to share knowledge at your event on Internet governance to strengthen the creation of local/national spaces. The programme also offers the following services:
- Advice on organising the event:
- Definition of objectives
- Composition of the steering committee, best practices on agenda setting and invitations to the multistakeholder comumunity
- Diversity of financial sources to ensure independence in decision-making
- Small financial contributions determined on a first-come-first-serve basis and subject to the availability of funds
- Support in identifying sources of funding
- Communication support for your NRI
- Fellowships for LACIGF
There are two application processes, depending on whether you want internal support, support to participate in the LACIGF, or both.
If you are organising an NRI that is less than four years old, feel free to get in touch with us via the form found here: NRI Support Application.
On your application you may choose one or more of the support types described above. This call is open all year round.
If you are an NRI leader and would like to get a fellowship to participate at LACIGF, please fill out the form found here: NRI Leader Fellowship.
This call remains open until four weeks before the LACIGF.
For more information, send us an email at: email@example.com.