CHAPTER VI - ABOUT THE PRESIDENT
This document and/or information was originally written in Spanish, the official language of Uruguay, the country where LACNIC is legally incorporated and whose laws and regulations govern the organization. Likewise, unofficial information and/or documents are also written in Spanish, as this is the language in which most of LACNIC's advisors and officers work and communicate. We do our best to ensure that our translations are reliable and serve as a guide for our non-Spanish-speaking members. However, discrepancies may exist between the translations and the original document and/or information written in Spanish. In such cases, the original text written in Spanish will always prevail.
The President or whoever replaces the President under these Bylaws shall have the following powers and responsibilities:
- To represent LACNIC jointly with the Vice President, Secretary, and/or Treasurer.
- To convene Member Assemblies, and to summon and chair Board meetings.
- To attend the Assemblies. To participate in Board of Director meetings with full voting and speaking privileges and, in the event of a tie, to vote once again to break the tie.
- To sign the correspondence and the minutes of Board meetings and Member assemblies with the Secretary.
- To authorize expenditure accounts with the Treasurer, signing receipts and other treasury documents in accordance with the decisions of the Board, a function that the President may delegate to the LACNIC staff. The President shall not allow social funds to be invested in anything other than what is specified in these Bylaws.
- To lead the discussions as well as to suspend and terminate Board meetings and Assemblies in the event that the order is disturbed and due respect is disregarded.
- To oversee the functioning and administration of LACNIC, complying with and enforcing the Bylaws, regulations, and resolutions of the Assembly and the Board of Directors.
- To penalize employees who do not fulfill their obligations and to adopt resolutions in unforeseen circumstances. In both cases, such decisions shall be adopted ad referendum of the next Board meeting. The President may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
*Article modified by the Member Assemblies held on 03 May 2016 and 04 May 2022.