CHAPTER VII - ABOUT THE SECRETARY
This document and/or information was originally written in Spanish, the official language of Uruguay, the country where LACNIC is legally incorporated and whose laws and regulations govern the organization. Likewise, unofficial information and/or documents are also written in Spanish, as this is the language in which most of LACNIC's advisors and officers work and communicate. We do our best to ensure that our translations are reliable and serve as a guide for our non-Spanish-speaking members. However, discrepancies may exist between the translations and the original document and/or information written in Spanish. In such cases, the original text written in Spanish will always prevail.
The Secretary or whoever replaces the Secretary under these Bylaws shall have the following powers and responsibilities:
- To attend the Assemblies. To participate in Board of Director meetings with full voting and speaking privileges, drafting the corresponding minutes, a task which may be delegated to the LACNIC Staff. Such minutes shall be recorded in the Book of Minutes and signed by the Secretary and the President.
- To sign LACNIC's correspondence and documents with the President.
- To summon Board meetings according to the provisions of Article23.
- To maintain the Book of Minutes and the Members’ Registry, the latter jointly with the Treasurer, a task they may delegate to the LACNIC staff.
* Article modified by the Member Assembly held on 04 May 2022.