Member Rights and Benefits
Exclusive Member Rights and Benefits
In this section you will find information on the following topics:
- 1 - LACNIC member benefits
- 2 - Services included with LACNIC membership
- 3 - Member rights and responsibilities
- 4 - Ways to engage with the LACNIC Community
If you have any questions regarding the information below, please contact email@example.com.
The Membership Services Team is here to help our members.
I am a member of LACNIC. What are my benefits as a member?
- Free registration to online training courses - CAMPUS
- Free, preferential seats for in-person training activities
- Two representatives of each member organization may attend each of the two annual LACNIC event free of charge
- Sponsorship program to attend annual events, with a quota reserved for members
- Special upgrade to sponsor LACNIC annual events
- Information focused on the needs of LACNIC members - Biweekly
What services are available to me as a LACNIC member?
- IP address and ASN management system – Mi LACNIC
Mi LACNIC is a single platform you can use to manage your resources (sub-assignments and rDNS), update the data for your organization and users, check your billing statement, pay your invoices, and manage your RPKI resource certification (the right to use IPv4 and IPv6 addresses).
- Certification of the right to use IPv4 and IPv6 resources - RPKI
The goal of this certification is to allow our members to issue cryptographic material to digitally prove they have the right to use IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
- Online training on IPv6, BGP and more - CAMPUS
- Incident Response Center - WARP
LACNIC offers members a warning, advice and reporting point which coordinates and facilitates the handling of computer security incidents.
- Information query system - WHOIS
LACNIC's WHOIS service allows querying information on Autonomous System Numbers (ASNs) and IP address blocks assigned by LACNIC.
- Information query system: Registration Data Access Protocol - RDAP
RDAP has significant advantages over the traditional WHOIS system: it presents a standard unified answer, is easier to use or integrate with other systems, and allows searches in other languages, not only in English.
- Automated Internet Resource Management System - SARA
SARA is an interface used to manage the Internet resources assigned to third parties (sub-assignments to clients) and maintain the records for these resources updated.
As a member, do I have any rights and obligations?
LACNIC, the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry, is a non-government organization:
- With more than 8,000 member organizations;
- Where changes are decided by vote of the Member Assembly;
- Managed and administrated by a Board of seven directors elected by its members;
- Overseen by a Fiscal Commission comprised of three elected members; and
- Supervised by an Electoral Commission comprised of three elected members.
This means that each member has both the right and the great responsibility to participate in the Member Assembly and in the three electoral processes to appoint those who will serve on the elected bodies.
- Member Assembly – Full voting and speaking privileges
- LACNIC Board Elections – Candidate nomination and voting
- LACNIC Fiscal Commission Elections – Candidate nomination and voting
- LACNIC Electoral Commission Elections – Candidate nomination and voting
Table of votes by category
How can I engage with the LACNIC Community?
- By subscribing to the various mailing lists where participants discuss their topics of interest:
We also invite our members to subscribe to LACNIC's announcements mailing list, which is used to disseminate information on LACNIC's most important activities.
- Participating in the election processes that are open to the community:
- Through our cooperation projects:
- Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in Latin America and the Caribbean - FRIDA
Funding research projects in the form of small grants and recognizing innovative initiatives that have made a significant contribution to the use of ICTs.
- Strengthening digital capabilities in Haiti – Ayitic Goes Global
- Strengthening computer security incident awareness, knowledge and response capabilities in the region - AMPARO
- Increasing the scope, strength and response speed of the DNS system at regional and global level - +RAICES
- Lifetime Achievement Award:
This award seeks to recognize the people who have made a sustained contribution to the permanent development of the Internet and the Information Society in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
LACNIC está certificado por SGS: