NRIs in Latin America and the Caribbean (LACIGF pre-session)
* This webinar will be held in English
This webinar is being organised by the technical community in the lead-up to a f2f session on the topic to be held during LACIGF 11. The webinar serves to sensitise the multistakeholder community about the opportunities and challenges that national and regional IGF initiatives (NRIs) face.
The webinar will address:
- The current state of NRIs in Latin America and the Caribbean, based on research undertaken under the MIGLAC project
- A "just-in-time" briefing from the Global Information Society Watch
- Open dialogue on the most prevalent issues in the region when organising NRIs
- Conclusions and a survey to further the aforementioned issues
Guest speakers include Dr. Carolina Aguerre (UdeSA) and Ms. Valeria Betancourt (APC).
Prior knowledge of the participants
Familiarity with Internet Governance.
Raquel Gatto y Miguel Estrada
Head of Strategic Relations and Integration