Registration for the second and last 2018 Edition of the Course on BGP Basics and Introduction to RPKI is now open
The LACNIC Training Center announces that registration for the third 2018 edition of its BGP Basics and Introduction to RPKI course, which is set to begin on 8 November on the organization's e-learning platform, is now open.
This course will be tutored, online and in Spanish. It will have a duration of six weeks and comprise theory lessons, partial examinations and practical exercises, after which students must pass a final exam (mandatory). Upon successfully completing an evaluation, participants will receive an official certification from LACNIC.
It has been designed for anyone interested in entering the world of the BGP protocol, autonomous system interconnection and Internet routing security, both the theoretical and hands-on practice. Participants should have solid knowledge of IP networks and internal routing protocols.
- Understand the concept of Autonomous System and the differences between internal and external routing
- Understand how BGP works and why it was created
- Understand the importance of having a proper routing policy within the organization
- Learn basic BGP configuration
- Identify and analyze the data provided by BGP with the help of useful attributes and commands
- Understand the importance and scope of BGP filters
- Learn about Internet routing reliability and what measures can be used to avoid route hijacking
- Learn how the RPKI resource certification system works
- Identify and solve basic BGP issues
- Learn and implement recommended best practices for Internet routing
News: LACNIC Campus has redesigned its e-learning platform to make it clearer and easier to use. Participants can now follow their classes from any device by downloading the Moodle app. The platform allows participants to interact with other professionals from different parts of Latin America and the Caribbean and to network with other professionals working in the field of ICTs.
Registration period: 8 October (18:00 UTC) to 5 November (18:00 UTC)
Course starts: 8 November 2018
Course ends: 20 December 2018
Information for LACNIC members:
If you are part of a LACNIC member organization and have a question on how to register for the course or your organization's registration code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org